Activities of the Chamber in 2020
Due to the covid 19 pandemic, our chamber organized and participated in online events as the international context during 2020 did not allow for face-to-face events.
• Europe in 2021 , December 14, 2020.
Our chamber participated in the first webinar organized by the Association of International Chambers of Commerce (AICC) of which our chamber is one a founding member. The event was an opportunity for 6 leaders from different sectors to present their expectations for the future development of the European economy.
The sectors covered were economy, environment and sustainability, food, health, educational technology, and travel.
The event attracted nearly 350 participants, including several of our members.
• Introduction of VAT in Oman , December 16, 2020. (read more)
Activities of the Chamber in 2019
• 4th Egypt Investment Forum, Cairo, March 2-3, 2019. (read more)
• Switzerland Oman Forum, Bern, April 29, 2019.
The event was supported by OSFA Honorary President and former Federal Councilor, Mr. Adolf Ogi, while the Omani delegation included representatives from the Ministry of Tourism, the Omani Public Investment Authority "ITHRA", the Oman Chamber of Commerce and the Duqm Free Trade Zone.
Discussions focused on issues such as the GCC-Switzerland Free Trade Agreement and best practices for entering the Omani market in various sectors such as financial services and renewable energy, as well as the huge potential for economic, tourism and cultural cooperation between the two countries. The event concluded with a reception hosted by the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman.
• The Arab economic Forum, Beirut, May 2-3, 2019. (read more)
• Visit of the Secretary General of Union of Arabs Chambers. (read more)
• The association of international Chambers of Commerce (AICC) International Business Networking Event, WTO, October 29, 2019.(read more)
• Chamber's day 2019, Geneva, 26 November 2019. (read more)
Activities of the Chamber in 2018
• Egypt Investment Forum, Cairo, February 3-4, 2018.
Upon an invitation of the Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce, our Chamber had the opportunity to participate in the 3rd Egyptian Investment Forum held in Cairo on 3 and 4 February 2018.
Several Egyptian Ministers presented the main strategies implemented for certain key economic sectors such as transportation, energy, housing and real estate. These are fields where input from and cooperation with the Swiss industry and commercial actors are highly regarded and expected.
• Visit of Saudi Business delegation to Switzerland, March 12-16, 2018 (read more)
• Meeting of the joint Swiss-Saudi Economic committee, Bern, September 12, 2018 (read more)
Activities of the Chamber in 2017
• Sultan of Oman Economic Seminar, Geneva, October 17, 2017. (read more)
• Visit of a SECO official delegation to Egypt, December 11-15, 2017. (read more)
• Visit of CASCI’s Secretary General to Beirut, December 17-20, 2017.
CASCI’s Secretary General had very fruitful discussions in Beirut from 17 to 20 December 2017, in particular with Dr. Khaled Hanafi, former Minister of the Egyptian Government and newly elected Secretary General of the Union of Arab Chambers. Among the various topics contemplated, a particular weight was given to the promotion of trade and economic relations between Switzerland and the Arab world and the various ways to make Arab institutions benefit from the Swiss experience in various economic sectors such as energy, environment and healthcare.
Activities of the Chamber in 2015
• 40th Annual General Meeting at Park Hyatt Zurich, January 19, 2015.
Guest of Honour and Speaker :
Amabassador Livia Leu, Head of the Bilateral Economic Relations Division, SECO
Ms. Myret Zaki, Editor in chief, Bilan Magazine
Activities of the Chamber in 2014
• Swiss-Arab Wealth Management Forum 2014, Wednesday, 3rd April 2014, Grand Hotel Kempinski, Geneva. (read more)
Activities of the Chamber in 2012
• Our 38th Annual General Meeting, April 12, 2012, at 4.00 pm. at the Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva. (gallery)
Guest of Honour and Speaker :
Mr. Mohammad-Mahmoud Ould Mohamedou
Head, Middle East and North Africa Program, Geneva Center for Security Policy
Visiting Professor, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies / Geneva.
Topic: “After the Arab Spring: Challenges and Opportunities for the Arab World and its Partners”.
Activities of the Chamber in 2011
• Our 37th Annual General Meeting, May 5, 2011, at 4.30 pm. at the Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva. (gallery)
Guest of Honour and Speaker : Mr. Nicolas SARKIS, Director General, The Arab Petroleum Research Center, Paris.
Topic: “The Arab Revolts and the Fukushima Disaster Are Reshaping the World Energy Outlook?”
• Luncheon-Debates / Forums
Topic: “IRAQ Investment Opportunities”: Postponed
• Business trips to:
Lebanon-Jordan- Syria: 2nd quarter
Maghreb Countries: autumn 2011
• Forums: second half of 2011
Topic: “IRAQ Investment Opportunities”
Topic: “Forum Algeria”
Topic: “Forum Tunisia”
• Meeting with the Council of Arab Ambassadors in Switzerland (April 19, 2011)
• Publications 2011
Annual directory 2011, 33rd edition, published in May 2011
Activities of the Chamber in 2010
• Our 36th Annual General Meeting, 14.04.2010, at the Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva.
• Emerging Innovation. Redesign your business for breakthrough results; lessons from high-growth markets.
December 2nd 2010, Le Richemond Hotel, Geneva.
• Algeria Conference: Zurich (Postponed to a later date).
Friday November 5, 2010 at the World Trade Center Zurich, 8.30 am 3.00 pm.
• L’Egypte, un diamant brut.
Opportunités commerciales dans une Egypte en croissance. Voyage prospectif en Egypte pour PME. 13 octobre 2010, Zurich, Convention Point
(neue Börse Zürich).
• Swiss Entrepreneur Trip to Egypt from, 01.12. to 03.12.2010.
• Publications 2010
Annual directory 2010